Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.



July 7, 2010

Popping the blogging cherry

Okay, so obviously from the title, I've never blogged before. This is my first. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be posting, but for now I'll be putting up short stories and poetry I've written. Feel free to critique if you like. Some of them are fiction, some are non. Writting is a passion of mine, one I've only recently discovered. It's become an outlet for me when I'm upset or need to vent. I hope you enjoy my work. :D

So here's my first post:

"One Night Stand"

breathless
i follow you
we stumble back into the dark
your hands fumble with the zipper of my dress
i reach for your jeans
giggling
panting
my dress falls to the floor
your jeans drop to your feet
your mouth is on mine
you taste like cigarettes
and empty words
but tonight i don't care
i'm against the wall
your hard body presses against me
your hands are everywhere
exploring
your fingers rough against my skin
i reach down
feel you
wrap my fingers around you
you gasp and hold me close
your teeth scrape my neck
a moan escapes
you pull me to the bed
shove off the pillows and toss me down
i wrap my legs around you
tight
squeezing
my fingernails dig into your back
you groan and push into me
the heat is everywhere
your sweat-beaded body is heavy on mine
my toes curl, my breath quickens
you push harder
faster
panting and moaning
a cry rips through me
you push once more then collapse
roll off me
i stare at the ceiling still gasping
for breath
a tingling in my legs holds me imobile
so i wait
your breathing slows
i watch your chest rise and fall
count to ten and get up
i search for my dress
stumble through the dark
close the door quietly on my way out
the cold night air hits my sweat-soaked body hard
i shiver
wave down a cab and slide inside.
you'll wake in the morning
probably planning on slipping out
but i'll already be long gone
you won't have to pretend you know my name
because i can't remember yours
you're nothing more to me
than a one night stand.

don't worry, baby, you were great
i'll call you...

*wink*

*Ashley Beth 2010

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah well, that title was just inviting, huh Ashley? ;) I always love your poems and stories, so that was great. I love this background too! This blog looks so... offical. It's awesome!
    -S.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember about 80-90% of this! It's pretty hot even for me! I love it! Great poem!

    ReplyDelete